Farm Environmental Consultant
Are you a farm environmental professional ready to take the next step with a market leader?
Landpro has 14 years in the farm and environmental science space and several exciting, large scale farm environmental projects on the go in Southland, Otago and Taranaki. We are looking for multiple experienced farm environmental professionals to assist our industry leading teams, to help lead and deliver on these projects.
- Flexible location with a preference for Central Otago/Queenstown Lakes, Southland and Taranaki in order to access our established client base.
- Highly competitive remuneration and benefits (including life insurance, and medical expenses).
- Genuine commitment to support flexible, family-friendly working arrangements.
- Diverse and challenging projects with the opportunity to lead projects, and collaborate with our science, planning, aerial and surveying teams, and develop your skills in specialist areas.
- Rapid career progression, with support and assistance from experienced senior staff.
- Work at the leading edge of our industry.
Landpro is a multi-disciplinary team of experts whose experience covers all aspects of Planning, Environmental Science, Survey and Geospatial Consultancy. At Landpro our vision is to "be the best little consultancy in the world", and our purpose is to "create and inspire sustainable solutions through expertise, innovation and technology" - we even have our own planes to help with this!
We are a successful company that is committed to making a difference in the regions we work, which is predominantly Southland, Otago and Taranaki for now.
Our people truly are our greatest asset, they are flexible, hard-working and all-round great people: we care about meeting the needs of each other and our clients. As a company we are focused on fostering long term opportunities for the growth of our people. Think of it as city like opportunities with a rural focus, where the only traffic you are likely to encounter are the sheep!
We are positioned with some major industry partners and have close working relationships with a number of key government agencies which ensures we can deliver the best information and results for our clients. Our office locations are fantastic places to max out your playtime and offer great outdoor activities around the sea, snow, lakes, hills and trails... make the most of working flexitime at Landpro!
This role will involve significant time out and about with our rural community so a passion for rural life and an ability to connect with farmers is a must. If you enjoy working with clients, and managing your own projects from start to finish, and having a mix of farm and office-based work this is the job for you!
- A recognised professional qualification in science (Ag/Hort or environmental) or planning at tertiary level.
- Passion and experience across a variety of jobs and farm systems, including horticulture, viticulture, sheep/beef, deer or dairy would be an advantage.
- Understanding of environmental risks on farm and mitigations.
- Some experience with Overseer.
- GIS capability - we use QGIS, but ARC training will be fine.
- Understanding of relevant regulation - NES/NPS/He Waka Eke Noa plus local govt rules.
- Land Use Capability understanding an advantage.
Whilst we are seeking these roles based from our three office locations, we may consider other options for the right person. We are always on the lookout for great people who will serve our clients with passion and professionalism.